We hope your tires are filled and your bike chains greased because the 2024 Pan-American Masters Games in Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A. are hosting several cycling disciplines for the avid masters cyclist.
Our community offers an abundance of amazing bike paths and mountain biking trails. From bike lanes on the main roads to over 100-miles, or 160-kilometers, of shared use, paved and all purpose trails for cycling, you’re sure to feel at home cruising around our city on two wheels.
With competitive cycling taking many forms including criterium, mountain bike, road racing and time trial, Masters Games have featured many disciplines of the sport.
Learn more about each Summer 2024 cycling offering on our individual sports pages linked below.
- Criterium, or “crit” for short, is a cycling event with a mass start. Competitors must complete multiple laps on a closed course for a specific amount of time or until the specified number of laps are completed.
- Mountain Bike takes you off-road and usually over rough terrain; requiring a specific style of bike equipment to compete in this endurance-focused sport.
- Road Race Cycling is a mass start event where cyclists begin at the same time and finish at a designated spot on the course.
- Time Trial is a cycling event where individual riders, or teams, race a specific course against other competitors with a timed clock.
- Men’s: 30+, 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+, 85+, 90+, 95+
- Women’s: 30+, 35+, 40+, 45+, 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+, 85+, 90+, 95+
- Para-Sport: 30+, 40+, 50+, 60+
- Race distance varies by age category and gender
- Criterium – coming soon
- Mountain Bike – Cleveland Metroparks Bedford Reservation
- Road Race Cycling – Cleveland Metroparks Brecksville Reservation
- Time Trial – Cleveland Metroparks Rocky River Reservation
Please check each cycling sport page for course updates.